VIPRE admin console will start reporting agents with a status of "Not Communicating" after 1 - 5 days. Restarting the computer will change the status from "Not Communicating" to "Protected" but the issue will come back anywhere from 1 - 5 days after the restart. This is a known issue, and there are 2 ways to fix this:
1. Use the Private Release
To apply the patch do the following.
1. Open the
2. Open Site Properties and select ""
3. Uncheck ""
4. the change, select , and close the Console
5. Stop the
6. Download the Private Release below:
Note To find out if you are running standard or premium, go to the list of agents, right-click on the affected machine and choose Agent Details. Near the upper left, you will see the Agent Type.
7. Save & Replace the file() in the Volatile Data's folder:
8. Start the
Once finished, deploy the Private Release agent to affected machines.
2. Workaround: can be applied to 7.0.5711 and 7.05725 agent if upgrading is not desired.
- Set AP to "Execution Only" (Confirm End-Users don't control AP)
- Ensure all Email Clients are Unchecked inside Email Protection
- Ensure Email Client Ports are both set to "0"
- Close all instances of Outlook and unregister VIPRE's "SBAMOutlook.dll" file
Note: All users must have outlook closed to unregister "SBAMOutlook.dll" If possible perform these steps when no one is logged into the machine.
Unregistering VIPRE's SBAMOutlook.dll:
- If possible: Log-out all other users
- Close Outlook, if it's open
- Open an Administrative Command Prompt
- Change Directory to the Agent's Installation Folder
- Run the following command: regsvr32 /u 'C:\Program files (x86)\VIPRE Business Agent\SBAMOutlook.dll"
Note: There should be a dialog confirming success