Folder redirection (syncing sub-folders) can be enabled from the Email Settings tool on the BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer, or the BlackBerry Manager or BlackBerry Administration Service in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Complete the following steps for the appropriate option.
Note: The settings apply only to email messages that are received after the folder redirection changes have been saved.
For BlackBerry 6 devices, complete the following steps:
- From the Home screen, select the Desktop message icon.
- Click the Menu key and select Options.
- From the Email Preferences screen, click Email Preferences.
- At the top of the Email Preferences screen, select the Desktop Message Service and click the Menu key.
- Highlight and select Folder Redirection.
- Choose the mailbox, expand if necessary, and check folder items to redirect.
- Press the Menu key and click Save.
For BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 to 5.0 complete the following steps:
- From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click the Desktop mailbox.
- Press the Menu key and click Options then click Email Settings.
- Press the Menu key and select Folder Redirection.
- Expand Desktop, expand Mailbox - <Mailbox Name> and expand Inbox as necessary.
- Select or clear each check box as required (select check boxes for any folders required to be redirected to the BlackBerry smartphone).
BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Email Settings.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Folder Redirection section, select the Selected folders option.
- Click Choose Folders.
- In the Choose Folders window, expand the folder that receives new email messages.
- Select the folder that receives new email messages and any additional folders to be redirected to the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Click OK.
To set up folder redirection from the BlackBerry Administration Service (BAS) for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0, complete the following steps:
- Log into the BlackBerry Administration Service web console.
- Expand User under BlackBerry Solution Management.
- Click Manage Users.
- Search for the user and click on the user's display name.
- Click Default configuration under the Messaging Configuration section of the User Information tab of the user view.
- Click the email tab.
- Click Edit user.
- Select Selected folders under the Redirection settings.
- Select the folders that need to be redirected.
- Click Continue to user information edit.
- Click Save all.