The Cisco client sometimes behaves oddly and starts staying minimized and you cannot switch to the client to connect/disconnect or do anything. The moment it starts it stays minimized and you cannot switch to the client.
This seems to happen as it remembers its location on screen and tends to get some weird values when switching between Display settings. The solution is to close the client and then open the vpnclient.ini file in the Programs directory (for me its located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\VPN Client) and delete the rows that say WindowX and WindowY and restart the client or make windowX = 800 and windowY = 600.
Start VPN Client
- Start Task Manager
- Select VPN client from Applications tab, right click on it and click Maximize
- VPN client will be visible in maximized form
- Go to Options -> Preferences -> Save Windows Settings. Uncheck this.
- Go to Options -> Simple Mode.
- Go to Options -> Advanced Mode.
- Now restart VPN client.