By default, Windows 7 will not allow you to pin a shortcut to a network program to the taskbar.
Follow these steps to get around the default.
- Copy the .exe to your local drive.
- Make a shortcut of the local .exe on your desktop.
- Pin the new local shortcut to your taskbar.
- Right-click the pinned item on the taskbar, then right-click the shortcut in the jump list.
- Click Properties, and edit the Target and Start-in fields so they point to the network location.
- Delete the .exe you copied locally and remove the shortcut you created on your desktop.
You should now have a pinned shortcut on the taskbar to a network location.