To re-create the Show desktop icon yourself, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type notepad in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Carefully copy and then paste the following text into the Notepad window:
- On the File menu, click Save As, and then save the file to your desktop as "Show desktop.scf". The Show desktop icon is created on your desktop.
- Click and then drag the Show desktop icon to your Quick Launch toolbar.
The Quick Launch toolbar uses the files in the following folder:
%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
- Click Start, Run and type the following command:
- regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32.dll
The Show Desktop icon file should be available now
More can be read here